Policies and Disclaimer
Payment for services is requested at the time services are rendered. For materials ordered, a 50% deposit is required at the time of ordering, with the balance due on delivery.
If using Insurance: It is the responsibility of the patient to know and understand their vision/medical insurance benefits. The patient agrees to be responsible for all fees not covered by their vision or medical insurance plan. You will be billed for any services and materials that your insurance does not cover and you are ultimately responsible for the balance on the bill.
- Fees for professional services are non-refundable.
- Glasses are complex, custom-made medical devices comprised of a set of frames and spectacle lenses. In the event that a patient is not satisfied with the visual acuity obtained with the prescription lenses provided by Texas State Optical – Cedar Park, the patient will be asked to return to the office for an adjustment of the glasses and, as necessary, schedule a short prescription check appointment with the doctor. Texas State Optical – Cedar Park makes every effort to provide glasses that are accurate to the prescribing doctor’s instructions.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you are allowed to cancel before the job is processed or complete for a full refund. If the job has been processed, there is a 50% cancellation fee, for the lens because lab charges have been accrued on the order. All custom sunglasses on Costa’s and Smith Optics orders are non-refundable. A restocking 25% fee will apply for the frames.
- Lab breakages and delays from insurances or lab orders are not our responsibility.
- Remakes due to lab errors and doctor’s prescription changes are free for the first time around. Please be advised that we will remake your glasses at most twice if it’s a lab error. If you are still unhappy with the result of the order or the prescription, then the third remake will be at your own expense.
- We are not responsible for breakages on patient’s own frame. We will adjust them and repair them at your own risk. However, in the event of a breakage, you will be given a 20% courtesy discount off the retail value if you wish to replace it at our office.
- Lenses are not scratch proof. If you upgrade to a polycarbonate lens which are scratch resistant (not scratch proof) they can be replaced in full one time if the scratch is within a year. If they are scratched again with in the year, then you can replace them at 50% of our listed price.
- Adjustments, screws, and nose pads are complimentary on frames that were purchased from us.
- NON PRESCRIPTION SUNGLASS PURCHASES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
Contact Lens Purchases:
In the case of a prescription change for contact lenses, you may return or exchange unused contact lenses purchased within one year of the original purchase date. Merchandise must be in the original, unopened packaging. All merchandise must be in like-new condition and accompanied by the original receipt.
Content on this web site has been provided and/or reviewed by our Practice. We have reviewed site information and find it to be in accordance with the standards of the optometry profession in our jurisdiction. We strive to provide unbiased, accurate, timely and up-to-date information. The information on this site is not presented as a substitute for informed professional advice and does not substitute for consultation with optometrist or any other health and/or medical professional. If you have any questions about your individual situation, please contact your optometrist – your eye health professional.
The basic graphical template and parts of this website have been created by a Service provided by EyeCarePro and/or any affiliated companies. EyeCarePro and any of its affiliated companies do not endorse any of the products or treatments described, mentioned or discussed in any of the web pages, services or database information accessible within this website. Due to the possibility of human error or advances in scientific knowledge, EyeCarePro, and/or any commercial partners, their staff nor any other party involved in providing web pages, services or database information accessible within this website, warrant that the information contained therein is in every respect accurate or complete and are not responsible nor liable for any errors or omissions that may be found in such information or for the results obtained from the use of such information.
The material contained in this website, including but not limited to text, graphics, video, audio, trademarks and logos, includes that which is owned or controlled by EyeCarePro and that which is owned or controlled by third parties. EyeCarePro authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the Material on the web site solely for your personal, non-commercial use. The contents of this website are protected by copyright and other laws in USA, Canada and elsewhere.
Health information about you may be transmitted from this website to our practice. EyeCarePro does not permanently store nor use, transmit (other than for its intended use), record, or otherwise make any use of this health information. Website visitors are advised to read the Notice of Privacy Practices which describes how health information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information and/or to contact us directly.
I am aware or have been explained and understand all of Texas State Optical – Cedar Park policies and disclaimers.